Broccoli is in season from winter to early spring. Good quality if the center is thick and the small and tight buds. Those with dark green are soft and sweet. Choose the one before the flowers bloom. Broccoli is a very healthy and virtuous vegetable, which everyone likes to eat. It has many benefits, that’s why everyone should eat it. Today we will learn how to cook and enjoy some delicious broccoli recipes.
1. Fried broccoli
- 500 g broccoli
- 1 bulb
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Separate the cabbage into inflorescences the size of a walnut. Boil salted water in a saucepan and put the broccoli in it. Boil 2-3 minutes after boiling.
- Heat a mixture of butter and vegetable oils in a skillet over medium heat. Finely chop the onion. Put the onion into the heated skillet. Sauté the onion until golden brown.
- Add the cabbage to the onion and fry together for 2 minutes. Bon Appetit!
2. Frittata with broccoli and cheese
Frittata is a fluffy omelet. I offer a super recipe – cook it in portioned cupcake molds – my children just squeak with joy. Frittata is easy to make and makes delicious and healthy breakfast muffins.
Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 300-400 g broccoli
- a pinch of salt
- 6 eggs
- 150 g semi-hard cheese
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Break the cabbage into small florets
- Cheese grate on a coarse grater.
- Grease the molds with butter, fill them with cabbage, grated cheese, lightly salt, then pour over the beaten eggs.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and bake the cupcakes for about 15 minutes.
3. Broccoli in sour cream garlic sauce
In a hurry, broccoli in the sauce is a light, healthy, and very tasty vegetable dish. It’s amazing how a small amount of sour cream and garlic transforms and reveals the taste of broccoli. Juicy and fragrant green cabbage inflorescences in a delicate white sauce with a pleasant garlic aroma – a harmonious combination.
- Broccoli – 400 g
- Sour cream with a fat content of 20% – 3 tbsp. spoons
- Garlic (large) – 6 g (1 clove)
- Butter – 40 g
- Salt – to taste
- Ground black pepper – to taste
- Prepare the necessary ingredients.
- Divide the broccoli into medium-sized florets.
- Boil 1 liter of water in a saucepan or saucepan, salt it (1 teaspoon). Dip the broccoli in boiling water. Blanch cabbage over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Drain the broccoli in a colander and let the water drain.
- Now prepare the sour cream sauce. To do this, melt a piece of butter in a frying pan.
- Add sour cream to butter.
- Stir and let the sour cream disperse in the oil.
- Peel the garlic and pass through a press into the pan. Salt and pepper the resulting sauce (a pinch each).
- Stir and heat the sauce for 1 minute.
- Place the broccoli florets into the sauce.
- Stir so that the sauce soaks all the florets. Heat the dish under the lid for another 1 minute.
- Broccoli in sour cream garlic sauce is ready. Serve broccoli on its own or as a side dish.
- Bon Appetit!
4. Stewed potatoes with broccoli
Stewed potatoes with broccoli are perfect for a tasty, healthy, and light dinner or lunch without meat. The dish is prepared very simply – in a frying pan. Provence herbs give a wonderful aroma, and broccoli, due to the fact that it is not stewed in a liquid but practically steamed, does not lose color and remains bright and beautiful.
- Potatoes (large) – 500 g (2 pcs.)
- Broccoli – 350 g (275 g inflorescences)
- Carrot – 100 g (1 pc.)
- Onion – 120 g (1 pc.)
- Dried Provence herbs – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Vegetable oil – 30 ml (2 tablespoons)
- Required products. You will also need 150 ml of hot water.
- Peel potatoes, carrots, and onions wash.
- Cut the potatoes into fairly large pieces.
- Carrot cut into large sticks.
- Cut the onion into thin quarter rings.
- Put the potatoes, carrots, and onions in a large deep frying pan.
- Add vegetable oil to the pan.
- We also add Provence herbs and about 1/4 teaspoon of salt there.
- Pour in 150 ml of hot water, then mix the contents of the pan.
- We put the pan on the fire, bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer the vegetables over low heat under the lid for 10 minutes.
- We wash the broccoli, sort it into medium-sized inflorescences, and cut off the rough edges of the stems. After processing, I got 275 g of broccoli. You can also use frozen broccoli; you don’t need to completely defrost it.
- Spread broccoli evenly on top of potatoes with carrots and onions. You don’t need to stir – the broccoli will be almost steamed.
- Sprinkle the broccoli lightly with salt and cover the pan with a lid.
- We simmer everything under the lid over low heat for another 15-20 minutes until all the ingredients are ready.
- Broccoli stew is ready. We arrange the dish on portioned plates and serve it to the table.
- Bon Appetit!
5. Broccoli in sour cream
- Broccoli (frozen or fresh) – 800 g
- Sour cream – 250 ml
- Mayonnaise – 3-5 tbsp. spoons
- Fresh basil – 2-5 sprigs
- Sugar – 2 teaspoons
- Ground black pepper – 0.5 tsp
- Garlic – 1-3 cloves
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp. a spoon
- Lemon (for juice) – 0.5 pcs.
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- We prepare products according to the recipe for broccoli in sour cream.
- How to cook broccoli in sour cream: Finely chop the basil. Peel and crush the garlic.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the ingredients of the sauce: first, combine the mayonnaise and sour cream together.
- Add basil, sugar, pepper, lemon juice, vinegar. Mix thoroughly.
- Cook broccoli (according to package directions) – it is very important not to overcook. To do this, bring the water to a boil (1.5-2 l), salt it (1-2 pinches), dip the broccoli inflorescences into the water. Bring to a boil cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Then drain the water and transfer the cabbage to the salad bowl. Pour sauce over broccoli. Gently mix – broccoli in sour cream is ready!
- Serve cooked broccoli in sour cream sauce.